Hexacomb packaging is a paper-based material that offers a unique combination of superior strength whilst being light-weight.
We specialise in the design and production of protective packaging and display panels based on paper honeycomb. It provides highest levels of protection due its ability cushion and absorb shock allowing products to transport safely, minimizing product damage and returns. In addition we produce graphic sign and displays panels under the name Falconboard™.
Your product protected against supply chain damages
- Provides cushioning (prevents product breakage, dents, scratches etc.)\
- Outstanding shock absorbance
- Fills gaps or holes = void filling
- Reduces/eliminates product shift during transport (stabilize loads)
- Provides stacking strength up to 800 kPa at best ratio compression/weight/cost
- Provides rigid support, structure and stability
Our planet protected by using lightweight papers being 100% recyclable
- Quantified sustainability benefits in CO2 footprint, transport movements and costs
- FSC certified papers by default
- Proven paper waste collection up to 85%
On demand customized solutions
- Innovative thru design
- Holistic paper based packaging solutions specifically designed for you (buffers, box, pallet, top)
- Fast and high flexibility in changing design by 3D design and short lead times
- Low start up and tooling costs
A knowledgeable company
- Reducing your outgoing freight costs because of double stacking, reduced transport damages, less re-shipments
- Reducing your labour and/or handling cost
- Guaranteed performance on certificate delivery (glass spacers)
- Paper, honeycomb and corrugated integrated knowledge enabling mono-material lightweight solutions
- Testing; Absorption, drop, compression, (digital) printing, cutting
Pro-active customer centric team
- We understand our market, key segments and customers like no other
- We inspire customers with insights, pains and solutions
- Fast response, accurate and right first time to your requirement
What are the features of Hexacomb Packaging?
Lightweight and strong, providing superior compression strength
Good shock resistance and cushioning performance
Easily die cut, assembled, or otherwise fabricated to the shape of the object
Highly durable and reusable
Available in a wide range of formats like simple panels, die cut boards, edge and corner protectors, cradles and wedges
100% recyclable and made from a renewable resource
What are the benefits of Hexacomb Packaging?
Custom designs optimize the volume of packaging material required for protection. This reduces waste and handling of excess packaging.
Reduces product damage and freight claims through improved protection of the goods.
Lower packaging weight in transit reduces freight costs and improves carbon footprint.
Faster to packing and loading due to ease of handling
Ideal replacement for expanded polystyrene (EPS) that does not crumble or shed and is fully recyclable.
Unlike wood products, hexacomb packaging does not require export certification, making it the hassle-free, worry-free shipping solution when exporting
A guaranteed supply from a trusted source
Our certified Chain of Custody is your guarantee of a verifiably sustainable packaging supply chain.
At Smurfit Kappa we understand the importance of sustainability in everything we do, and see it as our responsibility to ensure the products we supply to our customers meet the highest chain of custody standards.
- 100% of paper produced and sourced for our packaging solutions is FSC®, PEFC™ or SFI™ Chain of Custody certified
- 90% of packaging supplied to customers is FSC®, PEFC™ or SFI™ Chain of Custody certified
Look out for our stamp of proof on your invoice to give you total peace of mind around the origin of your paper-based packaging.
Learn more about Chain of Custody
How can packaging help you maximise supply chain efficiency?
SupplySmart is a combination of unique tools, data and expertise that enables you to optimise the role of packaging across your supply chain – with the reassurance you’re making fully risk assessed decisions that will deliver measureable cost savings.
SupplySmart enables you to uncover, target and deliver improvements to packaging to increase efficiency and effectiveness across your supply chain – all the time minimising the risks to your business.
Learn more about SupplySmart