Single wall corrugated boxes
Single wall corrugated boxes are a commonly used packaging solution offering a good balance of strength and cost-effectiveness.
All corrugated boxes are made bespoke to your requirements and often used for shipping retail, ecommerce and industrial products. Our single wall boxes use corrugated board consisting of three layers of paper:
- Outer Liner: The is defined by the required appearance and suitability for printing and graphics.
- Fluted Paper: This is the inner layer that forms a wavy or corrugated pattern and provides the strength and rigidity to the cardboard.
- Inner Liner: This is defined by the required bending and stacking strength,
It is important to select the right combination of liners and flute size to ensure your products are adequately protected during transit or storage. To guide you in the process, we calculate your required packaging performance and then recommend the optimal composition of papers using our state-of-the-art Paper to Box software.
What are the features of Single wall corrugated boxes?
- Available in a wide variety of board grades and flute combinations
- Manufactured bespoke to customers’ requirements
- Available for manual or automated packing lines
- Full range of barrier coatings are offered to improve performance in the supply chain
- High-quality print for optimum presentation
- Additional features, including die cutting are available
What are the benefits of Single wall corrugated boxes?
- Reduction in transit damage due to the strength and stability of packaging
- Improves customer satisfaction levels due to safe delivery of contents
Increases productivity on packing line when supplied assembled
100% recyclable and made from a renewable resource
A guaranteed supply from a trusted source
Our certified Chain of Custody is your guarantee of a verifiably sustainable packaging supply chain.
At Smurfit Kappa we understand the importance of sustainability in everything we do, and see it as our responsibility to ensure the products we supply to our customers meet the highest chain of custody standards.
- 100% of paper produced and sourced for our packaging solutions is FSC®, PEFC™ or SFI™ Chain of Custody certified
- 90% of packaging supplied to customers is FSC®, PEFC™ or SFI™ Chain of Custody certified
Look out for our stamp of proof on your invoice to give you total peace of mind around the origin of your paper-based packaging.
Learn more about Chain of Custody
How can packaging help you maximise supply chain efficiency?
SupplySmart is a combination of unique tools, data and expertise that enables you to optimise the role of packaging across your supply chain – with the reassurance you’re making fully risk assessed decisions that will deliver measureable cost savings.
SupplySmart enables you to uncover, target and deliver improvements to packaging to increase efficiency and effectiveness across your supply chain – all the time minimising the risks to your business.
Learn more about SupplySmart
We supply a range of end-of-line packaging machinery
For over 50 years, we’ve developed, produced and installed automated packing lines across many countries and markets. We combine our packaging automation experience along with world-class packaging expertise to offer you a complete packaging solution.
Our packing line solutions are designed to form, fill, close and palletise packaging and can be customised according to your needs.
We’ll work with you to ensure your packaging machinery solution is delivered with the highest attainable performance at the lowest total cost of ownership.
Learn more about packaging machinery