8 Feb 2023 | Smurfit Kappa announced results for the full year ending 31 December 2022.
- Revenue growth of 27% to €12,815 million
- EBITDA growth of 38% to €2,355 million with an EBITDA margin of 18.4%
- Return on capital employed of 21.8%
- Net Debt to EBITDA ratio below 1.3x
- Pre-exceptional EPS growth of 62%
- Final dividend increased by 12% to 107.6 cent per share
Performance Review and Outlook
Tony Smurfit, Group CEO, commented:
“Set against a year of extraordinary circumstances, 2022 was another highly successful year for the Smurfit Kappa Group. Our performance reflects the ongoing benefits of our investment programme together with our customer-led innovation and sustainability initiatives. SKG’s integrated model together with our geographic footprint continue to deliver for all stakeholders.
“Revenue for the year was up 27% to €12.8 billion. EBITDA for the full year was €2,355 million, a 38% increase over 2021, with an EBITDA margin of 18.4%, ROCE of 21.8% and a net debt to EBITDA of less than 1.3x. Our balance sheet metrics are the strongest in the Group’s history, providing SKG with significant strategic and financial flexibility.
Sign up to get the latest Investor news from Smurfit Kappa