10th February 2021 | Smurfit Kappa Group plc announced results for the full year ending 31 December 2020.
- EBITDA of €1,510 million with an EBITDA margin of 17.7%
- Strong Free Cash Flow of €675 million
- ROCE of 14.6%
- Increased sustainability targets including net zero CO2 emissions by 2050
- Successful capital raise of €660 million to pursue attractive growth opportunities
- Final dividend increased by 8% to 87.4 cent per share
Performance Review and Outlook
Tony Smurfit, Group CEO, commented:
“Smurfit Kappa is pleased to report an EBITDA of €1,510 million for the year 2020, ahead of our stated guidance. Both Europe and the Americas had strong demand in the fourth quarter offsetting significantly higher input costs, predominantly in recovered fibre. In what has been the most challenging year in recent memory I would like to acknowledge the tremendous efforts by all our 46,000 employees, and thank our over 65,000 customers for their continued support.
“Over a number of years SKG has transformed its business through disciplined capital allocation and a focus on innovation, further demonstrated today by our strong performance with an EBITDA of €1,510 million, an EBITDA margin of 17.7%, record free cash flow of €675 million and a ROCE of 14.6%. Read more...