Smurfit Kappa is committed to being an inclusive, diverse and equal organization. As part of this commitment it is our intention to provide a welcoming and accessible experience for everyone who visits our website.
Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) explained
To make sure our website is accessible, we follow the World Wide Web Consortiums (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) version 2.1.
WCAG is a universally accepted standard for measuring the accessibility of a website or app. It uses a scale A, AA and AAA to rate the accessibility of content.
Smurfit Kappa is committed to making sure, where possible, that its content meets AA compliance. AA compliance means people who have a disability should be able to access the majority of our content easily.
How we meet WCAG standards
To make sure we are compliant with accessibility standards, our website:
- uses valid HTML and CSS
- let users change aspects of the site's appearance to improve their own experience
- is easy to navigate no matter the input device or method
- pages are uniquely and descriptively titled
- has keyboard friendly links and buttons
- has a logical content structure and a clear information hierarchy
- adapts to different screen sizes without loss of functionality or usability
- provides alternative text descriptions on functional and informative images
- has a comprehensive site map and breadcrumb trails
Standards compliance and validation
Our website is substantially compliant with WCAG 2.1 level AA.
We have, however, identified a small number of instances where this is not the case due to justified technical or practical reasons. These exemptions are listed below:
- insufficient color contrast between text and background (in a small number of components), meaning certain words might be difficult to read.
- incorrect heading order due to initial page set-up, meaning screen readers may not follow the order the text appears on screen.
- some decorative images may include an alt tag as we use a central library for images
- some older PDFs may have a title missing
- content provided via 3rd parties
This compliance status has been independently validated by AbilityNet, a leading charity helping businesses to build more accessible websites.
Further measures to support accessibility
To ensure our website meets accessibility standards on an on-going basis:
- We request accessibility compliance with service providers for web development
- We perform accessibility audits with internal and external resources
- We encourage users contact us to report accessibility issues
Please let us know if you encounter accessibility issues on the website:
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Postal Address: Smurfit Kappa Group, Beech Hill, Clonskeagh, Dublin, D04N2R2, Ireland.
We will do our utmost to respond to feedback within 5 business days.