Material Resource Planner - Beacon
|Experience Level||Entry Level|
Smurfit Kappa Beacon currently has an exciting opportunity for a Material Resource Planner to join the team at the site in Aldershot. Reporting to the Production Planner, this role will be responsible for ensuring that goods are manufactured in a cost-effective way that meets quality specifications, ensuring that goods are ready to distribute to customers in a timely fashion and that the production and distribution of products runs smoothly.
Key duties of the role include:
- Liaises with sales division to determine customer requirements
- Develops a production schedule detailing all tasks and when they should be completed by to meet predicted completion date
- Liaises with suppliers, the production department, and maintenance employees to ensure all workers, materials, and machinery will be available when required.
- Monitors product progress to ensure it is following the schedule.
- Troubleshoots problems that occur during production, including staff shortages and machinery malfunctions.
- Organizes paperwork, including purchase orders, and maintains records.
- Collects and assesses data about the production and team's performance
- Places orders as required on suppliers, schedules delivery to production and monitors supplier performance and activity.
- Determines and sets stocking and re-ordering levels of production consumables to meet production requirements whilst minimizing stock holding.
- Provide overviews of medium and long-term planning issues to appropriate senior personnel.
- Communicate with Sales Support around capacity issues.
- Ensure that Sales Support and Dispatch are kept aware of any failure to meet customer deadlines.
- Produces regular production related reports for plant management including efficiency suggestions.
Key Skills & Knowledge:
- Previous experience of planning within a manufacturing environment, ideally packaging
- Experience of managing expectations with internal stakeholders and external customers
- Ability to be calm under pressure
- Flexible and adaptable and able to operate in a dynamic environment
- Methodical approach with high levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to work as part of a team
- Proactive approach with ability to use own initiative
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to problem solve
- Must be an effective “self starter”
If you meet the above criteria and would like to join the Smurfit Kappa Beacon team, please click the Apply Now button and follow the on-line application process.