5th Feb 2020 | Smurfit Kappa Group plc announced results for the full year ending 31 December 2019.
- EBITDA of €1,650 million, up 7% with an increased margin of 18.2%
- Strong free cash flow of €547 million, an increase of 11% on 2018
- ROCE of 17.0%, in line with the Group’s target
- Increased geographic reach with acquisitions in Bulgaria and Serbia
- Final dividend increased by 12% to 80.9 cent per share
“2019 represents another period of strong delivery and performance for SKG. EBITDA was €1,650 million, a 7% increase on 2018 with an increased EBITDA margin of 18.2%. Our vision is to be a globally admired company, dynamically delivering secure and superior returns for all stakeholders. Our recent performance shows progress towards the realisation of our vision.
“Across 35 countries, we continue to create market leading innovative solutions for over 65,000 customers, delivering sustainable and optimised paper-based packaging. The 2019 outcome also reflects our performance culture, which has, at its core, an unrelenting customer focus.
“During the year, we continued to strengthen our integrated model, following the acquisition of Reparenco in 2018, and our more recent acquisitions in France, Bulgaria and Serbia. These acquisitions significantly enhance our business and further expand our geographic reach. As with previous mergers and acquisitions, the new teams have integrated well and further strengthen the depth and quality of the Group. (Read more...)