Customer Service Manager - Saxon
|Experience Level||Mid-Senior Level|
|Department||Sales (Office Based Role)|
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Customer Service Manager to join our team at Saxon Packaging (part of the Smurfit Kappa Group) in Lowestoft.
Reporting to the Sales Director and the wider Management Team, this hands on role will involve leading, motivating, monitoring and developing the existing five members of the Customer Service Team whilst also being the key point of contact for our key accounts.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be extremely customer focused and driven to provide a first class service at all levels of the sales and ordering process. This will involve being a conduit between production and sales to ensure a smooth and seamless experience for our customer base and will include the following;
- Provide technical expertise, support and guidance to the Customer Service Team.
- Coach and develop the team for better performance including regular 1:1s.
- Help set clear, ‘smart’ but achievable goals and objectives.
- Conduct regular and timely strategy and business communication briefings.
- Recommend and implement strategic customer service plans.
- Compliance with company’s Health and Safety policy.
- Monitoring and improving our Customer Service standards.
Other Day to Day Responsibilities Include:
Managing complaints and invoice queries, implementing corrective actions where required, supporting customers throughout the decision making process, monitor workloads to ensure accounts are fairly allocated across the team, processing purchase orders and customer sales orders, liaising with the Design Team to ensure deadline are met, raising new enquiries, ensuring a strong communication channel exists enabling information to flow between the Customer Service Team and other departments.
Key Competencies & Knowledge
- Evidence of providing guidance, support and direction to colleagues.
- Excellent people management skills including communication and leadership ability.
- Experience of managing relationships at all levels, internally and externally.
- Ability to challenge existing processes for the benefit of Smurfit Kappa and the customer and implement solutions where feasible.
- Not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- Experience within a busy sales environment.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Evidence of demonstrating a proactive and ‘can do’ attitude.
- Proven track record in taking ownership for issues and for consistently delivering results.
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft packages.Excellent time management and personal organisational skills with a flexible approach.
How To Apply
If you meet the above criteria and would like to join the Saxon Packaging team, click the Apply Now button and follow the on-line application process.