ThermoBox - Insulated Packaging
A sustainable paper-based alternative to EPS packaging
ThermoBox is an innovative and sustainable pack which keeps frozen and chilled goods fresh throughout the supply chain.
Made from a 100% paper-based combination of Hexacomb and corrugated, ThermoBox provides similar insulation properties to expanded polystyrene (EPS) boxes.
For products that need to be temperature controlled, ThermoBox is therefore sustainable alternative to EPS as it is made from a renewable resource, recyclable and biodegradable.
ThermoBox can be manufactured bespoke to your size requirements without the need to invest in an expensive moulds as with EPS. As ThermoBox is delivered flat rather than assembled, logistical and storage space optimisations can be achieved leading to significant cost savings.
Due to the corrugated exterior, ThermoBox is fully customisable utilising various print finishes to include handling instructions, product/sustainability information or branding. This makes it an ideal solution for eCommerce.
What are the features of ThermoBox - Insulated Packaging?
- 100% paper-based - combination of Hexacomb and corrugated
- Hexacomb panels (base, sides and lid) are 30 mm thick
- Bespoke to your product, marketing and supply chain requirements
- Can be high quality printed with your product information or brand messages
- FSC® certified paper-based packaging: fully renewable, recyclable, biodegradable
- Supplied flat to maximise storage space and minimise transport costs.
Frequently asked questions and answers on Thermobox
- Can the ThermoBox be used for overseas shipping? Yes
- Is the ThermoBox suitable for direct food contact? No, food has to be packed or wrapped in a primary pack
- Is the ThermoBox suitable for non-food products? Yes, for example for beverages or pharmaceutical products
- Do you have specific sizes we can purchase? ThermBox is completely custom solution. We custom make solutions specifically for your needs. Made to order, reduces waste, no tooling costs for basic ThermoBox design
- Where is Thermobox produced? Our HoneyComb plants are located in Tijuana, Monterrey and Queretaro, Mexico and distributed to the United States and Mexico
- What type of coolant can be used with ThermoBox? You can use all types of ice pack, gel pack, phase change or dry ice
- Can I request a sample? Yes, please fill out the form below
A guaranteed supply from a trusted source
At Smurfit Kappa we understand the importance of sustainability in everything we do, and see it as our responsibility to ensure the products we supply to our customers meet the highest chain of custody standards.
100% of paper produced and sourced for our packaging solutions is FSC®, PEFC™ or SFI™ Chain of Custody certified
90% of packaging supplied to customers is FSC®, PEFC™ or SFI™ Chain of Custody certified
Look out for our stamp of proof on your invoice to give you total peace of mind around the origin of your paper-based packaging.
Learn more about Chain of Custody
How can packaging help you maximise supply chain efficiency?
SupplySmart enables you to uncover, target and deliver improvements to packaging to increase efficiency and effectiveness across your supply chain – all the time minimising the risks to your business.
Learn more about SupplySmart