Packaging - Consumer
TopClip Can Topper
TopClip is a sustainable alternative for shrink wrap which is commonly used to bundle multipacks of cans.
With a 30% lower carbon footprint than a shrink wrap consumer pack, the paper-based TopClip is completely plastic-free and 100% renewable, recyclable and biodegradable. Furthermore, as it is made from less material and does not require glue, it is significantly more sustainable than other recently launched same-purpose packaging solutions on the market.
TopClip fully covers the top of the cans, protecting them from contamination and providing excellent branding opportunities. It has two die-cut holes so it can be handled easily in-store and has received excellent feedback in consumer tests.
TopClip is a perfect example of 'On-the-Go' packaging for multipacks of canned beverages. Whether alcoholic or soft drinks, regular or sleeks cans, bundles of 4,6 or 8 cans, TopClip can meet your multipack needs.
What are the features of TopClip Can Topper?
- TopClip can be used to bundle regular and sleek cans in groups of 4, 6 or 8
- FSC® certified paper-based packaging: fully renewable, recyclable, biodegradable
- Additional glue is not compulsory, making it truly plastic free
- Covers the can lids avoiding contamination
- Excellent product presentation
What are the benefits of TopClip Can Topper?
- Addresses consumer concerns around sustainable packaging
- Easy for consumers to recycle in the regular kerbside cardboard recycling system
- Easy to handle and carry due to the finger-hole design
- Easy for consumers to remove a single can in comparison to cans bundled in carton wraps/sleeves
A guaranteed supply from a trusted source
Our certified Chain of Custody is your guarantee of a verifiably sustainable packaging supply chain.
At Smurfit Kappa we understand the importance of sustainability in everything we do, and see it as our responsibility to ensure the products we supply to our customers meet the highest chain of custody standards.
- 100% of paper produced and sourced for our packaging solutions is FSC®, PEFC™ or SFI™ Chain of Custody certified
- 90% of packaging supplied to customers is FSC®, PEFC™ or SFI™ Chain of Custody certified
Look out for our stamp of proof on your invoice to give you total peace of mind around the origin of your paper-based packaging.
Learn more about Chain of Custody
How shelf ready packaging can help boost your sales?
ShelfSmart enables you reveal how your packaging will perform before it’s made. ShelfSmart is a unique proven process that can help you develop, test and prove your optimal shelf ready packaging quickly and cost effectively without taking risk.
Our fleet of 700 designers create packaging solutions that deliver against your needs,. These are then tested with real shoppers in a virtual 3D retail environment to evaluate which performs best.
Learn more about ShelfSmart
We supply a range of end-of-line packaging machinery
- Smurfit Kappa have partnered with KHS to supply high speed and efficient packaging machines to apply the TopClip product to your cans
- Three automation solutions are available: manual, medium speed and high speed
- The products and automation have been developed hand-in-hand to ensure they work in perfect harmony