Accessible packaging is an important consideration for retailers who want to show consumers that their brand is inclusive.
Accessible packaging is an important consideration for retailers who want to show consumers that their brand is inclusive. There are several reasons why individuals may struggle with opening packaging, such as reduced movement or impaired vision, making opening packaging difficult and frustrating.
Simple packaging solutions such as easy-open mechanisms can make the unboxing experience altogether easier. These mechanisms include loops that can be pulled with four or more fingers and hinges with large grasp areas, to high contrast colours and Braille for those with no or reduced sight.
These packaging solutions offer straightforward tweaks to previous troublesome unboxing experiences, empowering consumers who seek to be self-sufficient.
Brands that offer accessible packaging not only broaden their customer base, but also differentiate their brand by being truly inclusive. Difficult to open packaging can deter customers from purchasing. So, no matter how impressive a product is, accessible packaging can be the difference between a one-off purchase and a loyal customer.
At Smurfit Kappa, we’re all about helping retailers and businesses make positive changes that impact consumers. That’s why we can help you to create accessible packaging designs that are inclusive, eye-catching and speak volumes about your brand's ethos and values.
What are the benefits of Accessible Packaging?
- Easy-to-open mechanisms to aid unboxing
- High contrast colours and Braille options
- Made bespoke to meet customer requirements
- Made available in a range of board grades and flutings
- Made from 100% recyclable materials
What are the features of Accessible Packaging?
- Increased safety when unboxing product
- Makes the unboxing experience easier
- Empowers consumers who seek more independence
- Helps brands to become inclusive of all
- Increased packaging convenience
A guaranteed supply from a trusted source
Our certified Chain of Custody is your guarantee of a verifiably sustainable packaging supply chain.
At Smurfit Kappa we understand the importance of sustainability in everything we do, and see it as our responsibility to ensure the products we supply to our customers meet the highest chain of custody standards.
- 100% of paper produced and sourced for our packaging solutions is FSC®, PEFC™ or SFI™ Chain of Custody certified
- 90% of packaging supplied to customers is FSC®, PEFC™ or SFI™ Chain of Custody certified
Look out for our stamp of proof on your invoice to give you total peace of mind around the origin of your paper-based packaging.
Learn more about Chain of Custody
How can packaging help you drive eCommerce growth?
From packing line to supply chain to customer experience, we act only on the opportunities relevant to your business – so you’ll have the insights you need to make better plans, faster decisions and be more prepared to grab every opportunity as you expand.
Learn more about eSmart