8 Feb 2023 | Smurfit Kappa announced results for the full year ending 31 December 2022.
- Revenue growth of 27% to €12,815 million
- EBITDA growth of 38% to €2,355 million with an EBITDA margin of 18.4%
- Return on capital employed of 21.8%
- Net Debt to EBITDA ratio below 1.3x
- Pre-exceptional EPS growth of 62%
- Final dividend increased by 12% to 107.6 cent per share
Performance Review and Outlook
Tony Smurfit, Group CEO, commented:
“Set against a year of extraordinary circumstances, 2022 was another highly successful year for the Smurfit Kappa Group. Our performance reflects the ongoing benefits of our investment programme together with our customer-led innovation and sustainability initiatives. SKG’s integrated model together with our geographic footprint continue to deliver for all stakeholders.
“Revenue for the year was up 27% to €12.8 billion. EBITDA for the full year was €2,355 million, a 38% increase over 2021, with an EBITDA margin of 18.4%, ROCE of 21.8% and a net debt to EBITDA of less than 1.3x. Our balance sheet metrics are the strongest in the Group’s history, providing SKG with significant strategic and financial flexibility.