Sustainable packaging is an active driver in purchasing decisions.
A new report by Drapers, the B2B publication covering the fashion retail industry in partnership with Smurfit Kappa, has revealed that packaging is an active driver in purchasing decision for UK consumers. The report also delves into retailers priorities, and how greenwashing remains a concern - validation of claims is critical.
Our new research found:
- 77% of those surveyed consider sustainability when buying fashion, either all the time or sometimes.
- 36% have purchased a product based on the sustainability of its packaging.
- 50% want less packaging in their delivery.
- 65% of respondents stated that knowing that the packaging is recycled is important, while 42% said that the use of recycled content is important.
- 49% further indicated that using a small amount packaging is important to them, stating that the overuse of packaging has become a ‘bugbear' of many, particularly when it comes to online shopping.
The report clearly highlights one fundamental point – which is that sustainability is here to stay.