Packaging - Consumer
Cake Base Discs
Cake base discs provide a solid base for the transportation, storage and display of cakes.
For use by industrial cake producers and retailers who prepare fresh cakes in-store, our discs ensure optimal presentation of the cake to the consumer either on shelf or at home.
Paper-based cake discs are an environmentally friendly alternative to polystyrene or plastic cake discs or trays. Made from corrugated cardboard our cake discs are 100% biodegradable and made from a renewable resource.
We supply round and rectangular cake discs in a range of standard sizes, which are suitable for both automated and manual cake preparation.
With the application of a food grade barrier coating, cake discs can be custom printed with your logo, brand and marketing messages.
Cake discs can be delivered flat in bundles of 50 or 100 and shrink wrapped for easy handling and storage under hygienic conditions.
What are the features of this product?
Standard sizes available
Bespoke cake discs can be made to your exact size and shape requirements
Made from corrugated cardboard
High quality print available to promote your product and brand
Suitable for food contact
What are the benefits of this product?
- Premium presentation of your product
- Opportunity to communicate and promote your product and brand messages
- Consumer friendly – cake can easily be removed from base
- Environmentally friendly - 100% recyclable and made from a renewable resource
- Reduction in storage space as products delivered flat and in tight bundles
A guaranteed supply from a trusted source
Our certified Chain of Custody is your guarantee of a verifiably sustainable packaging supply chain.
At Smurfit Kappa we understand the importance of sustainability in everything we do, and see it as our responsibility to ensure the products we supply to our customers meet the highest chain of custody standards.
- 100% of paper produced and sourced for our packaging solutions is FSC®, PEFC™ or SFI™ Chain of Custody certified
- 90% of packaging supplied to customers is FSC®, PEFC™ or SFI™ Chain of Custody certified
Look out for our stamp of proof on your invoice to give you total peace of mind around the origin of your paper-based packaging.
Learn more about Chain of Custody