With increased pressures on drinks manufacturers to use recyclable packaging, we have devised a solution under our Better Planet Packaging initiative.
This tube evolution enables the traditional composite tube packaging to now be 100% recyclable through readily available consumer recycling schemes, helping brands improve their image and meet their sustainability goals.
With consumers becoming more conscious of sustainable products and selecting those which are more sustainable over others, the Eco-Tube provides a solution for brands to gain that competitive advantage, whilst also improving on the packaging's recyclability.
As well as retaining the recognisable look and feel of the traditional tube, the Eco-Tube also adds its extra level of sustainability, without having an impact on strength, and is still able to perform as a premium packaging solution creating shelf-disruption.
What are the features of this product?
- Using minimal perforation the base can be separated from the tube
- Diameter range: 76mm to 122mm
- Height range: 180mm to 380mm
- High quality printed tube label to promote your product and brand
- Additional decorative options available: foil blocking, digital printing, high build varnish and deep emboss
- Lids and bases can be branded, colour matched and embossed to specific requirements
- Internal liners available: White top, printed and coloured
- Compression tested: 177kgf
- Tensile tested: 924N
A guaranteed supply from a trusted source
Our certified Chain of Custody is your guarantee of a verifiably sustainable packaging supply chain.
At Smurfit Kappa we understand the importance of sustainability in everything we do, and see it as our responsibility to ensure the products we supply to our customers meet the highest chain of custody standards.
- 100% of paper produced and sourced for our packaging solutions is FSC®, Chain of Custody certified
Learn more about Chain of Custody
How can you further enhance your packaging?
To further enhance your Composite tube packaging, additional decorative options can be added. The visual appeal, touch and feel of embossing, foil blocking and other additional finishes help resonate with the consumer and trigger emotive associations. These memories can then trigger repeat purchase, recommendations and purchase as a gift.
We have recognised this and offer a wide range of decorative options to our customers to ensure they can really make their product to have the impact they desire through the medium of premiumised packaging.
Decorative options include:
- Offset lithographic print
- Foil blocking, both conventional and digital
- Embossing and debossing
- High build varnish
- Soft touch laminate or varnish
- Spot varnish
- Coloured or printed liners
- Colour matched lids and bases
- Embossed and debossed lids
What is product fulfilment?
As with every packaging project, there are many aspects to consider. At Smurfit Kappa Composites we offer the service of product fulfilment – to help our customers as much as we can.
We are able to place tubes into shipper cases and supply these to our customers for ease when it comes to their bottling lines. This helps reduce cost to our customers and allows their operations to run more efficiently.
In addition to shipper case fulfilment we are also able to offer the following:
- Rope handles
- Stickering – bespoke markets, short runs, specials and cask products
How does the Eco-Tube work?
Please note minimum order quantity of 5,000 tubes