Construction & DIY Tubes
Composite tubes have been used in the construction industry for decades and have been specially designed for use with solvent and non-solvent based grab adhesives and sealant products.
Our extensive experience within this industry has enabled us to maintain high levels of product quality and performance, and offer the tubes (also known as cartridges) for a range of fill volumes including 310, 350, 380, 900 and 1000ml (other volumes are available).
The cartridge body is made from FSC® accredited Kraftliner or Chipboard and has an inner barrier to suit the products being contained. The cartridge is sealed at the top with an integrated discharge spout/nozzle or a threaded spigot top, (dependent on application required). For end-user convenience we are able to offer a metal or plastic plunger/piston.
The cartridges are available to fit standard dispensing guns, and we have a variety of nozzles and spigots in our range to meet your specific requirements.
To enhance the cartridges visually, they can have a high quality offset litho print and additional decorative options (if required).
What are the features of this product?
- Diameter range: 38mm to 122mm and height range: 40mm to 980mm
- Tubes can be round or uniquely shaped to create distinctive packaging
- High quality printed tube label to promote your product and brand
- Finishes include textured, varnished, foil blocked, embossed, scented or holographic.
- Lids and bases can be branded, colour matched and embossed to specific requirements
- Window patching available for good product visibility
A guaranteed supply from a trusted source
Our certified Chain of Custody is your guarantee of a verifiably sustainable packaging supply chain.
At Smurfit Kappa we understand the importance of sustainability in everything we do, and see it as our responsibility to ensure the products we supply to our customers meet the highest chain of custody standards.
- 100% of paper produced and sourced for our packaging solutions is FSC®, PEFC™ or SFI™ Chain of Custody certified
- 90% of packaging supplied to customers is FSC®, PEFC™ or SFI™ Chain of Custody certified
Look out for our stamp of proof on your invoice to give you total peace of mind around the origin of your paper-based packaging.
Learn more about Chain of Custody
How can you further enhance your packaging?
To further enhance your Composite tube packaging, additional decorative options can be added. The visual appeal, touch and feel of embossing, foil blocking and other additional finishes help resonate with the consumer and trigger emotive associations. These memories can then trigger repeat purchase, recommendations and purchase as a gift.
We have recognised this and offer a wide range of decorative options to our customers to ensure they can really make their product to have the impact they desire through the medium of premiumised packaging.
Decorative options include:
- Offset lithographic print
- Foil blocking, both conventional and digital
- Embossing and debossing
- High build varnish
- Soft touch laminate or varnish
- Spot varnish
- Coloured or printed liners
- Colour matched lids and bases
- Embossed and debossed lids
What is product fulfilment?
As with every packaging project, there are many aspects to consider. At Smurfit Kappa Composites we offer the service of product fulfilment – to help our customers as much as we can.
We are able to place tubes into shipper cases and supply these to our customers for ease when it comes to their bottling lines. This helps reduce cost to our customers and allows their operations to run more efficiently.
In addition to shipper case fulfilment we are also able to offer the following:
- Rope handles
- Stickering – bespoke markets, short runs, specials and cask products