Supporting our people's well-being
Our Employee Assistance Programme is a free, confidential service in place across Europe and Mexico.
As part of our global Health and Well-being agenda, this year we completed the roll-out of our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), by putting a service in place across Europe and Mexico.
It is a free, confidential service to help our colleagues and their families cope with any work, life or health concerns.
The programme is available 24/7, in all of our 21 languages and provides:
- Local expert support, consultation and counselling.
- Assistance with meeting challenges and resolving work/life issues.
- Solution focused counselling with consulting services.
- Services offered away from the workplace, in confidence.
- Caring advisors who can help you choose a support option that suits your needs and learning style.
- Support in the event of a crisis situation.
“Our experience of the service has been very positive. If an employee needs support with a specific health matter, the programme can support that effort. On the other hand, if we notice that an employee’s behaviour has changed, we can guide him or her to this confidential support system, which is a great help for all of us,” says Jackie McDermott, Head of Engagement and Communication Smurfit Kappa UK.
“In the short time the service has been available to our employees, we have noticed, how it helps to know that at times it is ok, not to be ok,” says Cristian Garcia Romano, HR Coordinator Smurfit Kappa Mexico. "In addition to its obvious benefits, the programme has also proved to be great tool for us to build trust with our employees.”