Smurfit Kappa scores a baker’s dozen at EFIA 2013 print awards
19 April 2013
Smurfit Kappa has scored another notable success in the prestigious 2013 European Flexographic Industry Association Awards with a total of thirteen honours, including three gold, three silver, five bronze and two highly commended.
The table topping success is the latest in a long-running line of acknowledgement by the principal figures within the European Flexographic Industry Association of Smurfit Kappa as the leading producers of paper-based packaging.
The number of awards was the highest for any individual entrant, beating participants from as far afield as Canada and a very strong level of UK submissions.
The Awards were presented at a Gala Dinner held at the Reebok Stadium, Bolton, UK on 21 March 2013 and recognised the best of Flexographic print across the world during 2012.
The accolades acknowledge the quality of Smurfit Kappa’s international performance in the Corrugated Post Print sector, and its use of Flexography to successfully build brand presence through high-quality printed packaging.
Tony Smurfit, Group COO said: “Consistency is the key to Smurfit Kappa’s continued success, and we are pleased that year on year we are able to build on our achievements. As a global manufacturer of packaging it is important that we share our practical knowledge and expertise across the whole of our organisation rather than creating small pockets of concentrated knowledge for use within domestic markets. With Smurfit Kappa locations from Northern Ireland, across Europe to Germany all being acknowledged as leaders in the field of flexographic printing, our ability to support brand owners with high-quality products is testament to our long-term planning and investment.”
Smurfit Kappa, European Flexographic Industry Association Awards 2013:
Corrugated Post Print
- Gold Tribe Celtic Spirit - Scotch Whisky
- Gold Lauders, Queen Mary - Special Blend Scotch Whisky (Brand owner MacDuff International)
- Silver Copas Turkey - Fresh Poultry
- Silver Chivas Regal James & John - Scotch Whisky
- Silver Karro Foods – Pork Belly Ribs
- Bronze Eat Natural - Mixed Box - Fruit, Nut & Cereal Healthy Eating
- Bronze Thatchers Traditional Somerset Cider
- Bronze Hendricks Gin
- Bronze Baileys - Cream Liquer
- Highly Commended Royal Salute 21 Years - Scotch Whisky (Brand owner Chivas Brothers)
International Corrugated Post Print
- Gold Norma Tauberfranken - Wine
Best in Show
- Bronze Tribe Celtic Spirit - Scotch Whisky
Use of Flexography for brands
- Highly Commended Hendricks Gin