Smurfit Kappa Europe BV Better Planet Packaging Design Challenge
Closing date: 29th March 2019 5pm (GMT)
1. Better Planet Packaging is a competition promoted by Smurfit Kappa Europe BV with its address at at Evert van den Beekstraat 106, 1118 CN Schiphol, Netherlands. It consists of two challenges: (1) Shrink Wrap Replacement; and (2) E-Commerce Box Temperature Control (the "Challenges").
2. Entries to the competition (“Entries”) may only be submitted by email to email@example.com
3. All Entries will be reviewed by a panel of judges selected from within the Paper, Corrugated, Recycling and Sustainability divisions of the Smurfit Kappa Group.
Terms and Conditions:
1. The Competition – These are the terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) governing the Smurfit Kappa Better Planet Packaging competition (the "Competition") which, following pre-launch publicity, will be open for entries between January 8 and March 29th 2019. The Promotion is only open to individuals aged 18 or over (the "Participants"). By entering the Competition, Participants are deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions. Individuals who do not accept the Terms and Conditions cannot enter the Competition.
2. Entries – Participants may make a maximum of three (3) Entries into each Challenge. No joint Entries shall be accepted. Each participant must provide his or her name, telephone number and email address as part of each Entry. Each Entry must also specify which Challenge it is in respect of. Incomplete Entries or Entries received by any other means (including by post) will be invalid.
3. Closing Date – All Entries must be submitted by 5pm 29th March 2019
4. Validity – An Entry shall only be validly submitted if it is submitted in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and if the Promoter's records show that the Entry has been received by the Promoter. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any Entry which, due to a technical error or any other reason, is not delivered or is delayed.
5. Content Standards – Entries must not: contain any material which is defamatory of any person; contain any material which is unlawful, obscene, offensive, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise inappropriate; promote sexually explicit material; promote violence; promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; infringe any Intellectual Property Rights (as defined below) of any other person; be likely to deceive any person; be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; promote any illegal activity; be threatening, abusive or cause needless anxiety; contain the personal data of any third party; be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent Participants’ identity or affiliation with any person; or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act.
6. Breaches of Content Standards – The Promoter will determine, in its sole discretion, whether there has been a breach of the content standards for Entries set out above. Participants unreservedly accept the right of the Promoter to form its own view regarding a possible breach of the content standards. When a breach of the content standards has occurred, the Promoter may take such action as it deems appropriate including, but not limited to, excluding any Entry from the Competition without notice or explanation.
7. Shortlist – A shortlist of up to five (5) Entries (the “Shortlisted Entries”) will be selected for each Challenge by a panel of judges as the Participants who, in the opinion of the judges, have submitted the best Entries (the “Shortlisted Participants”).
8. Notifying Shortlisted Participants – Shortlisted Participants will be notified by email.
9. Winner – The winner of each Challenge will be the Shortlisted Participant whose Shortlisted Entry receives the most votes in a second round of voting from the judges (the “Winners”).
10. Prize – The prize for each Winner is €8,000.
11. Prize Conditions – All prizes are non-negotiable, non-transferable and non-refundable.
12. Promoter’s Decision Final – The Promoter’s decision is final in all respects.
13. Intellectual Property Rights – In consideration for entering this Competition, Participants:
a. hereby grant to the Promoter a royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, fully-paid, royalty-free and worldwide licence to use any and all rights including but not limited to those in relation to inventions (irrespective of whether patented or patentable), patents, copyright, trade marks, business names, trade names, domain names, rights in get-up, goodwill and the right to sue for passing off or unfair competition, rights in computer software, design rights, database rights, rights in performances, rights to preserve the confidentiality of information (including trade secrets and know-how) and any other intellectual property rights, in each case whether registered or unregistered and including all applications (or right to apply for and be granted), renewals or extensions of, and rights to claim priority from such rights and all similar or equivalent rights or forms of protection which may now or in the future subsist in any part of the world ("Intellectual Property Rights") in their Entries for the purposes of assessing the Entries and engaging in publicity in any media (whether in relation to the Competition or otherwise) ;
b. in the event of becoming Shortlisted Participants, shall assign exclusively to the Promoter any and all Intellectual Property Rights in their Shortlisted Entries;
c. irrevocably waive and shall procure the irrevocable and unconditional waiver of any moral rights in the Entries;
d. agree that their entry into the Competition shall in no way prejudice the assertion by the Promoter of its Intellectual Property Rights;
e. shall, at the expense of the Promoter, execute all such documents, make such applications, give such assistance and do such acts and things as may in the opinion of the Promoter be necessary or desirable in order to vest in and / or register Intellectual Property Rights in the name of the Promoter or its nominee and otherwise to protect and maintain Intellectual Property Rights in Shortlisted Entries including without limitation by applying for patents in any country in the world and assigning the benefit of such applications to the Promoter; and
f. shall not disclose any patentable inventions in the Entries to any third party without the prior written consent of the Promoter.
14. Publicity – The Winner will be required to participate in publicity related to the Competition. By entering the Competition, Participants acknowledge that they may be required to be used in publicity without further consent or payment. Such publicity may include, without limitation, the Participant’s name and/or likeness, voice, photographs and/or video footage of the Participant, biographical information provided by the Participant and/or any statement made by them concerning the Competition, their Entry and/or prize. Participants agree that any or all such elements may be used by the Promoter in any and all media in perpetuity throughout the world as the Promoter in its sole discretion sees fit.
15. Variation – The Promoter reserves the right to alter, amend, cancel, or withdraw this Competition in whole or in part, temporarily or permanently, at any time without prior notice for any circumstances beyond its control.
16. Exclusion – The Promoter reserves the right to, in its sole discretion, immediately exclude any Participant or withhold any prize where it has a reasonable suspicion that a Participant has breached these Terms and Conditions.
17. Data Protection – The Promoter shall process the personal data of Participants for the purposes of running the Competition. By entering this Competition, Participants confirm that they have read and understood the Promoter's privacy statement.
18. Liability – the Promoter shall not, to the extent permissible by law, be liable to Participants for any loss or damage howsoever caused, whether direct, indirect or consequential (whether in contract, tort or statutory duty or otherwise) arising out or in connection with the Competition other than death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Promoter or any other loss or damage which may not be excluded by law.
19. Governing law – The Promotion and these Terms and Conditions are governed by the law of the Netherlands. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with this Promotion shall be dealt with exclusively by the courts of the Netherlands.