Job Title - European Technical Account Manager
Country - The Netherlands
Location - Global Experience Centre - Amsterdam
Closing Date: 29 October 2016
Within Smurfit Kappa, we drive value for ourselves and our customers. The Global Experience Centre is the place within Smurfit Kappa where customers and employees work together to create value and make the difference in the value chain. You will be part of an industry leading international multidisciplinary team.
Main Tasks/Key Accountabilities/Responsibilities
“European Technical Account Manager” for a selection of Smurfit Kappa’s key international customers and responsible for offering, on a European scale, the entire Smurfit Kappa value package to the customer.
• Support the European Account Director of SKG with Pan European customers in technical Value Creation, Innovation, Quality, Sustainability;
• Develop & deliver the technical aspect of account strategies;
• Develop, co-ordinate and implement innovative solutions to the technical requirements of Pan European customers in line with Group capabilities;
• Identify, co-ordinate and implement cost take out and value added initiatives in line with the account strategy;
• Ensure customer focused support from other Group resources (Country, Plant, Operational Excellence and Paper Division);
• Oversee and coordinate all customer related activities carried out by other SK specialists (eg board design, packaging testing and development, supply chain analysis, quality, product safety and sustainability).
• Technical or logistical background and competence in at least one of the key responsibilities (Innovation, Value creation, Sustainability, Quality);
• Detailed knowledge of Group & industry manufacturing processes and procedures;
• Some similar experience in a country or plant organization;
• Knowledge of FMCG products & markets;
• Knowledge of retailers and their packaging requirements;
• Base knowledge of business economics;
• Effective project management capabilities;
• Excellent English and ideally one more European language;
• Knowledge and use of PC related software (e.g. MS Office, CAD, CAG etc);
• Ability to adapt to an intercultural team and international customers;
• Ability to work in a collaborative way;
• Ability to work flexible hours within a small international team;
• Ability to travel extensively within Europe.