Continuous Improvement Coordinator, Colombia
Using our Worker Involvement Plan and a lot of teamwork, we’re developing projects that are important for each plant and are chosen by its general manager
What I am currently working on
Our goal is to find a way to turn Continuous Improvement (CI) into a daily activity. Our company culture changed dramatically when CI was introduced in the early 90’s. Now we’re trying to bring back the momentum and get the most out of our people. We’re advising plants to include CI tools and seminars in their yearly schedules to help them achieve their goals.
What does one working week look like?
- Review of the Worker Involvement Plan proposals.
- Do the schedule, the setup and the delivery of CI seminars with plant managers (some at home, some at sites far from the headquarters, which require some travelling).
- Support projects from other company areas (e.g.,Operational Excellence).
- Look for new CI tools.
- Visit plants to keep track of CI activities (especially those for 5S’s).
- Other administrative duties (e.g., control the CI budget, release POs, etc.).
What does the future hold?
There’s still plenty to learn at CI (actually, it’s never-ending), so in the near future I would like to make the most out of my current position. Later on (down the road…) I know that my engineering background will bring new challenges and more responsibilities. I look forward to the future.